Thursday, February 24, 2011

Honesty, Depravity

Oh, how my mind seems to wander, to stray far from you! You have blessed me in great abundance, you have showered upon me goodness so liberally. Yet my lustful heart longs to be satisfied with the filth of this world. Nevertheless, my spirit knows that satisfaction is found singularly in you.
The pouring out of my life in the world ends solely in death. Indulging my flesh in the world reaps empty satisfaction; 'tis but a hollow victory, a feat resulting in physical pain and spiritual destruction.
To think that I, yes even I, would more willfully sell my soul for a pretty penny than offer my life as a sacrifice to you. How selfish the whole of humanity has become! How wretched, how vile must one be to honestly refuse God for only moments of absent pleasure?
Regardless of my tendencies, I shall joyfully press on; press on towards the victory, the goal, the prize. That I may be deemed worthy, as through your grace, to obtain life.

No comments:

Post a Comment