Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Quintessence of Benefaction

My heart falls, it fades
All beauty at my expense frays
Dreams of old, formerly vivd
Melt as wax of candles burning livid
The truth absolute, I place asunder
By my wicked thoughts bred of toil and trouble
Compelled by woes of which I withhold
Unspeakable evils, common yet untold
The devil himself would turn in shame
I am merely a man, yet I play life as a game

Contempt.

But behold, in the heavens I see
A light that shines, illuminate me
Expose my inner works of darkness
Wash me clean of this filthiness
A man undistinguished in appearance
The embodiment of God in his spirit
As man he is beaten, scorned, and mocked
As God he endures, my sins he forgot;
'Twas grace that taught my heart to believe
'Twas grace that taught my eyes to see

Abdication.

I find more and more how wretched I am
When compared to my God, thus I cannot understand
How the kingdom could kiss the earth as it does
How the Christ could ravish my heart through his love
A transgressor, a harlot ruled by fleshly desire
No significance, no appeal, yet when touched by the fires
Made beautiful, pristine as a bride to be wed
Embraced in eager delight by the bridegroom who shed
Blood and flesh, the cross He bore
The weight of the world, to be redeemed, restored.

Benefaction.

4 comments:

  1. * 'Twas

    Not t'was

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite good though, you have a lot of potential.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very profound my dear one. Grandpa Bergmann is currently engaged in the struggle you speak of, but without the Divine intervention that you articulate so well. You are gifted from above. I love you, Pappa

    ReplyDelete